Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Laptop Of My Own

Working from home every day and night, is borrowed from a laptop is not fun. Especially when it is borrowed back away from you. So for that reason I think it's time to own a laptop. Wish, or the Desktop? PC or Apple Mac? Or maybe one of those palm-held small jobs seem to some, after all, would fit perfectly in my purse.

After careful consideration and deliberation, I'm going full circle and ends up back on the laptop. But where do I start? What are my needs? Well, my company is small, so I do not really need anything high end. Yet! I will use it mainly for writing articles and updating my site. Oh! And maybe a little shopping! And I will be alone with her. Probably!

So take a look online to see what others are buying. And what are the manufacturers of sale. Suddenly, the English language becomes opaque jargon. I really know what I want?

What memory is required? My husband, a programmer, insists that 2 GB is so called. Added to this is the 2.0 TB of storage space decisive! Whatever all this means! I'm not so sure! I fear he may have his own reasons for these specifications ...

Dell has been mentioned, so I go online to browse. After finding one within the budget, which is based on and seems to tick all the boxes, they are suddenly faced with many extras - which are all served by lift.

So I pull the reigns in. Maybe I do not really need a laptop of mine. Maybe my husband so anyway.

Neither a borrower nor a lender - and much of Shakespeare - that seems to work for us ...

0 comments: